10.00 am – 9.00 pm
Ground Floor, G04
The name Bata became known in Malaya when its first store opened in the Capitol Building, Singapore. On the same year, Tomas Bata established Bata Shoe Company Limited to carry on business as manufacturers, distributors and marketers of footwear, as well as dealers in leather and rubber goods. Five years later, a factory was built in Klang to manufacture quality rubber footwear.
To keep up with its renew growth, a second company was incorporated under the name of Bata Shoe Company (Malaya) Limited on 28 November 1957 to promote more effective development and administration. Within six months of its operations, a first extension to the factory in Klang was completed and declared open. The company name was changed again nine years later to Bata Shoe (Malaya) Sdn. Bhd.
Today, after a major restructuring programme, the Bata factory in Klang is fully specialised in the production of PVC injected footwear for both domestic and overseas markets.